EPA Research Prizes
Every year, the EPA is pleased to award individual prizes of €2,000 to 5 promising young psychiatrists who published the best scientific papers.
Each candidate can submit one article in one of the following categories:
- Clinical psychopathology and refinement of psychiatric diagnostic categories
- Biological correlates and treatments of mental disorders
- Psychiatric epidemiology, social psychiatry and psychotherapeutic interventions in mental disorders
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
- Best paper published in European Psychiatry
Applications will be carefully reviewed by a jury. Eligible candidates must meet ALL of the below criteria:
- Qualify as an Early Career Psychiatrist (psychiatrist under 40 years old or within 5 years of completion of specialist training)
- Be the first author of an article published or accepted for publication in a scientific journal in 2019
- The article must be related to psychiatry or research in psychiatry
- Reside in a country included in the World Health Organisation Europe region
The application process of the EPA Research Prizes is fully internet-based.
Please prepare the following documents and information before you begin your application:
- An updated curriculum vitae in English
- A proof of ID
- Your published article
- If the article hasn’t been published yet, a proof from the publisher will be required
The deadline for applications is 21 October 2019
2020 Research Prize winners will be granted waived EPA Congress registration and reimbursement for up to €500 for travel and accommodation if they attend the Opening Ceremony of the 28th European Congress of Psychiatry in Madrid, Spain on 28 March 2020.
Applications from EPA Members
Access the application form via your EPA Individual Membership account:
The form will be automatically pre-filled with the details already available on your account. You will also be able to complete your application in several steps.