Live Session Guidelines for Speakers and Chairs
EPA scientific committee is happy to announce that many sessions at the EPA 2020 Virtual Congress will be held live. Please see guidelines for speakers and chairs below.
As the date of the live session approaches, you will receive a unique link with a reminder of the instructions of how to participate.
At the end of the live session, delegates will be able to submit their questions via chat and there will be a live, moderated Q&A session involving all the speakers.
CONFLICTS OF INTEREST DISCLOSURE
In compliance with EACCME requirements, all speakers have been requested to fill in the Conflict of interest form. The information provided needs to be summarized in a disclosure slide (click here to download) and appear as the first slide of your presentation. Please disclose verbally (including if nothing to disclose) at the beginning of your presentation.
HOW TO PLAN FOR YOUR LIVE SESSION
Please see the below points to help you plan your role in the live broadcasted session at the EPA 2020 Virtual Congress.
- Chairpersons – You are encouraged to organise an informal coordinating meeting/ discussion among the speakers of your session. This will significantly help facilitating the intended flow of the session and help avoid overlap.
- Please make sure you have participated in a rehearsal for the live section of your session with the IT technicians working on the Virtual Congress. If you have not yet participated please contact the secretariat urgently for guidance.
- You received the link to enter the live session from the EPA Congress Project Manager. In case you have not received this please contact Virtualmeeting_epa20@kenes.com
- Please be ready to enter the live broadcasted session well in advance of the official start (recommended 20min before) in order for your internet speed and other technical issues to be checked by and resolved by the technician. You may check your internet speed by performing an Internet speed test online: https://www.speedtest.net/. Your upload speed should ideally be above 8Mbps in order to avoid slow-speed issues.
- There will be a technician in the virtual room throughout the live broadcasted session with you to assist you and to guide you if you have any queries.
- Participants will be able to ask questions to the panelists via the chat option whilst they view the lectures. These will be written questions and not audio questions. The questions will not be visible to the general audience. The chairperson’s role will be to read the questions and to decide which questions to make public. When a question is chosen by you, please read it out to the audience. It is highly recommended to prepare 2-3 questions in advance in case there are no questions from the audience.
- If there are not many questions waiting or the questions are of less importance/interest, the chairperson should take the lead in order to facilitate a lively discussion amongst the faculty.
- The live session needs to end on time as other sessions begin shortly after the session. If the session runs over time, the technician will alert the chairperson & request kindly to end the session.
We will be organizing a rehearsal for live speakers and session chairs to familiarize themselves with the platform and its features.
Your availability will be requested via e-mail to schedule your rehearsal attendance.
Once we have the information of all the participants’ availability, we will send you an e-mail with the date and time of the rehearsal.
- Click here to see the full instructions on how to join the live session.
- The rehearsal session can take up to 1 hour (usually less).
Ahead of the rehearsal/session please arrange to have:
- An external, microphone connected to your computer. Alternatively, you can use the internal microphone of your laptop/computer.
- Please use a computer with a functional webcam (the laptop internal webcam is fine).
- Please select a quiet and uniform background. Avoid using artificial background features.
- Stable internet connection. We recommend using a wired LAN internet connection if possible. 4g should not be used.