Live Session Guidelines for
Speakers and Chairs
Publication Consent Form
You will receive login details to access and complete a Publication Consent Form – it is MANDATORY to complete this consent form if you would like to participate as a speaker in this congress. Please complete this prior to recording your talk.
Please note that your presentation will be accessible from the virtual platform during and 3 months after the congress, to all participants of the Virtual Congress.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines:
- Please note that your slides must be finalised and ready on the day of your recording.
- Please ensure that the presentation slide deck is 16:9.
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title. The second slide should be the disclosure slide. If you have nothing to disclose, please add “No Disclosures”. You can download a template here.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
- Layout: Please keep the top right and bottom right corner of your slides free from title, text or images (these areas are used as the speaker window and logo display).
- Click here to read tips and recommendations for preparing your presentation.
All speakers in live sessions are required to pre-record their talk before the congress. These recordings will be used as back ups in case of technical problems during the live session. Guidelines on how to book a recording have been sent in January 2021.
Deadline to record: 8 March 2021
As the date of the live session approaches, you will receive a unique link to enter the live session. You will also receive a reminder of the instructions of how to participate and give your lecture / participate in the session. At the end of the live session, delegates will be able to submit their questions via chat and the chairperson will lead a live Q&A session involving all the speakers.
Technical Brief for Live Session
- You will be invited to attend a technical briefing for a live session at a later stage. Please ensure you attend one briefing.
- Live Session and Live Q&A Technical Briefing slides will be published here after 16 March 2021.
Ahead of the Live / Live Q&A Session please arrange to have:
- An external, microphone connected to your computer. Alternatively, you can use the internal microphone of your laptop/computer.
- Please use a computer with a functional webcam (the laptop internal webcam is fine).
- Please select a quiet and uniform background. Avoid using artificial background features.
- Stable internet connection. We recommend using a wired internet connection (please avoid Wi-Fi connection). The minimum connectivity should be 40 megabits (mbps). You can easily check your internet speed via the following link: https://www.speedtest.net/