EPA Research Prizes
Every year, the EPA is pleased to award individual prizes of €2,000 to 5 promising young mental health professionals who published the best scientific papers related to psychiatry or research in psychiatry.
Each candidate can submit one article in one of the following categories:
- Clinical psychopathology and refinement of psychiatric diagnostic categories.
- Biological correlates and treatments of mental disorders.
- Psychiatric epidemiology, social psychiatry and psychotherapeutic interventions in mental disorders.
- Child & Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Best paper published in the European Psychiatry journal.
Applications will be carefully reviewed by a jury. Eligible candidates must meet ALL of the below criteria:
- Qualify as an Early Career mental health professional (professional under 40 years old or within 5 years of completion of specialist training)
- Be the first author of an article published or accepted for publication in a scientific journal in 2021
- The article must be related to psychiatry or research in psychiatry
- Reside in a country included in the World Health Organisation Europe region
The application process of the EPA Research Prizes is fully internet-based.
Please prepare the following documents and information before you begin your application:
- An updated curriculum vitae in English.
- Proof of ID.
- Your published article
- If the article hasn’t been published yet, proof from the publisher will be required
The deadline for applications has been extended – 25 October 2021
2022 Research Prize winners will be granted waived EPA Congress registration and reimbursement for up to €500 for travel and accommodation if they attend the Opening Ceremony of the 30th European Congress of Psychiatry in Budapest, Hungary on 2 April 2022.
Applications from EPA Members
Access the application form via your EPA Individual Membership account:
The form will be automatically pre-filled with the details already available on your account. You will also be able to complete your application in several steps.
Applications from other candidates
Access the application form directly.
Please, note that you will have to fill in all the details and submit all required documents at one time.