Abstract submission is currently open
22 September 2021
Abstract submission deadline
Notifications to accepted authors
Guidelines for Submission
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title – limited to 25 words
- Abstract text – limited to 250 words. Please Note: Word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are added
- Abstract topic – select the abstract topic from the list of topics
- Abstract layout – Abstracts should use the following structured format:
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- Submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline, if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Tables, graphs and images
- A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included per abstract. Words in added tables will be accounted as part of the total abstract body word count.
- A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract.
- All tables, figures, and reference citations must be referred to in the text of the abstract.
- Tables and figures must be sized to one column. Tables submitted in figure format will be reproduced as such.
- The maximum file size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixel. You may upload graphs in JPG, PNG or GIF format only.
Rules for Submission
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only. ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Presentation Type: Abstracts may be submitted for Oral Communication Session, E-Poster Presentation or E-Poster Viewing.
- The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university-specific publications office (or another similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts must be original and must not be or have been published or presented at any other meeting prior to the Congress.
- Please note that each person may submit up to 5 abstracts as a presenting author.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline, Tuesday, 18 January 2022, will be scheduled and included in the Congress Abstract e-Supplement.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract Submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interests in the submission form.
- Upon submission, the Abstract Submitter confirms that the abstract has been reviewed and that all information is correct, and accepts that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and is aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Upon submission, the Abstract Submitter confirms that the contact details saved in the system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the authors’ consent to publication
(e.g. in the European Psychiatry Journal, the Congress Abstract e-Supplement, the website, congress programmes and other promotion, etc.).
The Local Organising Committee will review abstracts. Following the information regarding acceptance, scheduling information will be sent to the Abstract Submitter
The EPA reserves the right to withdraw any abstracts that do not meet the scientific standards of the association at any point before or after acceptance and subsequent publication in the digital congress abstract book.
Please sign up for congress newsletter to receive notifications regarding abstract submission.