Scientific Programme now available!
To view the EPA 2024 Scientific Programme topics, speakers, and session chairs, please click on the link below.
Click on the session below to view the session topics.
- On the road to precision medicine in psychiatryChair: Livia De Picker, BelgiumSpeaker: Marion Leboyer, France
- The impact of climate change on mental healthChair: Geert Dom, BelgiumSpeaker: Andreas Heinz, Germany
- The role of Europe in Global PsychiatryChair: Danuta Wasserman, SwedenSpeaker: Peter Falkai, Germany
Ask the Experts
Ask the Experts sessions allow participants to meet in a small group with outstanding researchers and clinicians. The format is designed to facilitate informal discussions, allowing participants to present their questions and gain new perspectives. Sessions take place at round tables and are limited to 7 participants with advanced sign-up required. Sessions last 90 minutes with 5 experts per session and two groups of participants (45 minutes for each group).
Registration for the sessions will take place directly at the registration desk on-site.
Please note the sessions will take place within the Exhibition area at HungExpo.
ASK THE EXPERTS 1
Sunday 7 April
- Risks and benefits of long-term antipsychotic treatment
Istvan Bitter – Hungary
- Prescription opioid addiction
Arnt Schellekens – The Netherlands
- Online addictions
Sophia Achab – Switzerland
- Risks and benefits of discontinuation of long-term pharmacotherapy
Mark Horowitz – UK
- Future of information technology in psychiatry
Umberto Volpe – Italy
ASK THE EXPERTS 2
Monday 8 April
- Challenges in the transition of psychiatric care from adolescence to adulthood; self-injury behavior in children and adolescents
Judit Balazs – Hungary
- Mental health and physical activity
Joseph Firth – UK
- Unmet needs in the management of schizophrenia; shared decision in the psychiatric treatment
Silvana Galderisi – Italy
- Comorbidity of mental disorders with substance abuse
Frances Levin – USA
- Suicide prevention : new oportunities & new threats
Philippe Courtet – France
ASK THE EXPERTS 3
Tuesday 9 April
- Prevention of transition to psychosis
Celso Arango – Spain
- Climate change and mental health
Andreas Heinz – Germany
- Neurostimulation in the management of mental disorders
Frank Padberg – Germany
- Development of European treatment guidelines
Peter Falkai – Germany
- Neuroinflammation in the pathophysiology of mental disorders
Marion Leboyer – France
The EPA 2024 Scientific Programme will cover the latest developments in psychiatry through State of the Art Sessions, live moderation, discussions, and more.